New SBCL versions are usually released at the end of each
month: check the Sourceforge File List to see the current version. The new features of the two most recent SBCL releases are listed below.
Please see the complete news page for details on all historical SBCL releases.
New in version 1.2.1Back to top
- enhancement: GENCGC is enabled on ARM.
- enhancement: better error reporting for invalid calls to local functions.
- enhancement: support for GNU/kFreeBSD distributions. (#1079954, thanks
to Christoph Egger)
- enhancement: experimental support for threads on NetBSD/x86-64. (thanks
to Robert Swindells)
- enhancement: support for DragonFly BSD. (#1292845, thanks to Vasily
- bug fix: TYPE-OF must not return AND/OR/NOT expressions.
- bug fix: accessing NIL arrays stopped producing errors. (#1311421)
- bug fix: DISASSEMBLE no longer prints unwanted stuff. (#1251861)
- bug fix: compiling SVREF on unknown types no longer produces scary errors.
- bug fix: assorted LOOP fixes and enhancements. (#645534, #1322923,
#700538, #613876, #695286, #798388)
- bug fix: silence compiler notes from the SEARCH transform. (#1071310)
- bug fix: array type intersection handles T and unknown element types
- bug fix: fix a corner case in array type unparsing that would result in
misleading translations from our internal type representation.
- bug fix: array-rank now sees through union and intersection types.
- bug fix: when DECLARE expressions are in the wrong place, be careful not
to attempt to evaluate the subforms. (#573747; thanks to Roman
- bug fix: misplaced and missing declarations in DEFTRANSFORM. (#1066451)
- bug fix: FBOUNDP returned NIL for a class of incorrect function names
instead of signaling an error. (#1095483)
- bug fix: fix a compile-time AVER in regalloc: lifetime analysis
used to (rarely) introduce duplicate conflict markers in a single
TN/block pair. (#1327008)
Older SBCL releases
New in version 1.2.0Back to top
- bug fix: read-time-eval backquote context mixup. (#1321047)
- enhancement: when SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE fails due multiple threads, the
report of the signaled conditions lists currently running threads.
- enhancement: ported to ARM linux.
- enhancement: sb-gmp contrib has been updated. (#1305266)
- enhancement: new contrib sb-mpfr by Stephan Frank.
- bug fix: MAKE-SEQUENCE works with sequence types defined via DEFTYPE
(#1315846, thanks to Mark Cox)
- bug fix: SET-[DISPATCH-]MACRO-CHARACTER should coerce a symbolic
function-designator to a function only as needed. (#1012335)
- bug fix: remove references to asdf-install from the manual. (#1207544,
thanks to Thomas Hlavaty)
- bug fix: handle --without-xxx options to make.sh more carefully.
(#1246665, thanks to Richard M Kreuter)
- bug fix: prevent maybe-delete-exit from doing semantically broken things
with local exits. (#309099, #518099, #533930)
- bug fix: attempts to subclass BUILT-IN-CLASSes signal errors, as required
by AMOP. (#861004)